Smile Makeover / Smile Design
Think of the last time you posed for a picture. Did you flash your pearly whites or did you hide your teeth? Gift Yourself a Smile Makeover!
Today, many people benefit from Smile Makeover, part of cosmetic dentistry. A wide range of techniques are available that can enhance almost any smile.Gone are the days when: you had to settle for chipped, stained and crooked teeth.
A revolution in newer technology and materials ensure that cosmetically enhanced teeth now look more natural and last longer than they did in the past.
Skillfully blending science and art, your dentist can sculpt a more attractive smile for you. A smile is a powerful way for you to communicate.
WHEN TO GO FOR SMILE MAKEOVER ?
If your answer to any of the following questions is “yes”, then yau need to get a cosmetic evaluation done by your Dentist.
- Do you lack confidence when smiling?
- Do you wish yau had a smile as pretty as the models?
- Are any of your teeth crowned, overlapping or crooked?
- Are any of your teeth missing or do you have gaps between any of your teeth?
- Do any of your teeth have uneven shape due to chips, fractures or rough edges?
- Do your teeth seem out of proportion because they are uneven in length?
- Are you dissatisfied with the way your gums look?
- Do you have any stained or discoloured teeth or fillings?
- Are your gums red, swollen, receding or bleeding?
COSMETIC OPTIONS FOR SMILE MAKEOVER
A variety of options are currently available to suit most conditions. Some of the commonly used cosmetic options include:
TEETH WHITENING COMPOSITE BONDING RESTORATIONS DENTAL CROWN & VENEERS ORTHODONTICS
Of all the methods available for charging and improving the look of your smile makeover, porcelain (Ceramic) Laminate Veneers and Crowns are the most popular, successful and quick.
With the help of these, a damaged tooth can be saved and repaired to look and feel like the original.
INDICATIONS FOR VENEERS
Veneers can be used to provide an aesthetic solution in many situations:
- Spaces between teeth.
- Discolored teeth.
- Malpositioned or slightly crooked teeth.
- Odd shaped cracked or chipped teeth.
- Fractured teeth with a fair amount of tooth structure left.
- Teeth with multiple fillings which have compromised the aesthetics of the smile.
- Unsatisfactory shape, size and form of teeth.
- To provide a “White Smile” in persons with naturally dark teeth.
ADVANTAGES OF VENEERS
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN GETTING A VENEER?
The process of having a veneer made for your tooth involves a few short visits to your Dentist. The procedure is simple and relatively painless.
- Your Dentist will first analyse your smile to determine which teeth require veneers for Smile Makeover.
- Depending on how much tooth shaping is required, you may or may not require anesthesia.
- Minimal shaping of your teeth is then done and an impression is taken.
Ceramic veneers take between 1-2 weeks to be made. During that period, your teeth may be fitted with temporary veneers to prevent sensitivity.
POST TREATMENT SMILE MAKEOVER CARE
HOW IS CROWN DIFERENT FROM VENEER?
INDICATIONS FOR A CROWN
While a crown is often used for its functional properties, like veneerst heset oo can be used to bring about excellent aesthetic modifications in a smile. The common indications for a crown are:
- To restore a badly decayed teeth, with large fillings or teeth which are root canal treated.
- To protect fractured teeth where little tooth structure is left.
- When the position, shape, size or colour of the teeth have to be dramatically altered.
- To improve the bite.
- To strengthen worn down or mobile teeth.
- As part of a bridge to support a tooth replacement.
- To be placed over an implant.
HOW DO I GET A CROWN?
Impressioning: A measurement of the prepared tooth and of the surrounding and opposing teeth is taken. Your measurements are then sent to a dental laboratory for processing of the crown
Temporary Crown: Meanwhile, a temporary crown may be placed. Take care of your crown by avoiding sticky and hard foods and be sure to clean around it.
HOW DO I LOOK AFTER MY CROWNS?
- Treat your crowned tooth like a normal tooth.
- Brush and floss thoroughly.
- In the unlikely event of your crown or veneer coming on. keep it safely and contact your Dentist immediately. These can generally be remixed.
People from all walks of life can greatly benefit from the improved confidence a better smile can give. With proper care, Veneers and Crowns will enhance your dental health and beauty for a long time to come
WHAT ARE CROWNS MADE OF?
SWITCH FROM PFM to ZIRCONIA
(PFM) Porcelain-fused to metal
- Longstanding experience
- High stability
- Metal flame can show through
- Unfazed metal Inargins may become visible
- The metal can lead to intolerances and electrochemical reactions with other metals in the mouth
- Natural-looking aesthetics
- Translucent natural teeth
- Metal-free and a very strong material
- No visible transitions at the gum margin
- Does not trigger electro chemical reactions in the mouth