Teeth Whitening Treatment
One of the first things you notice about someone is their smile. The bigger and brighter their smile, the more friendly they seem. Teeth whitening treatment gives you that confidence.
Unfortunately, time and elements such as smoking, coffee, tea or wine along with the natural aging process can stain the teeth and ruin one’s smile.
Who does not want a bright, white, radiant smile that lightens up the whole face?
Dental surveys show that 80% of people would like to have whiter teeth Today, the answer is Teeth Whitening through a simple and safe procedure also referred as Dental Bleaching.Teeth Whitening lightens and brightens teeth and is tough on stains but gentle on your teeth.
Dark, stained or discolored teeth can be a source of great embarrassment to many. It can often prevent you from smiling widely or even talking confidently.
Today you no longer need to accept this aesthetic barrier. You can opt for a highly popular and successful treatment to whiten your teeth.
WHAT CAUSES TOOTH DISCOLORATION??
Teeth can discolour due to a variety of reasons
- The most common discoloration is due to smoking or tobacco.
- Food and beverages such as tea, coffee, colas and red wine can be the culprit.
- Age can cause a natural darkening of teeth.
- Certain medications taken at a very young age.
- Increased exposure to fluoridated water.
- Dental infection, faulty or old fillings and dental treatment such as a root canal treatment.
WHAT IS TEETH WHITENING??
Teeth Whitening is a procedure where by certain Whitening gels are applied to the teeth in order to remove external and internal stains thus leaving the teeth several shades lighter.Various concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide are available for this use.
ADVANTAGES OF TEETH WHITENING
This mode of treatment has solely been developed to lighten teeth in a simple and comfortable manner.It can bring about a dramatic change in almost every ones smile by changing a dull smile and yellow teeth to a bright smile with white teeth.
- Whitening of healthy teeth is the safest and most conservative cosmetic treatment available for your teeth today.
- It requires no grinding of your teeth.
- It does not require any anesthesia, is painless and well tolerated.
- The time taken for whitening is relatively less considering the number of teeth that can be done in one sitting.
- Whitening works very well even when combined with other cosmetic treatment options to enhance the aesthetics of your teeth.
- The cost of whitening is less when compared to other full mouth cosmetic treatment options.
- Whitening does not damage your teeth or change the structure of your teeth, nor does it change the shape or form of your teeth.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF WHITENING
Following options are available to help you achieve your whitest, most beautiful smile:
- Tray Whitening – also called At-Home Whitening.
- In Office/ Laser Whitening
- Over-the-Counter Whitening
TRAY WHITENING AT HOME WHITENING
Tray Whitening is a popular and very successful method that can be done in the comfort of your heme.
After your dentist makes your custom – melded whitening trays, he/she will help you to create an at-home schedule for treatment. Your custom-fitted tray is filled with a highly concentrated whitening gel.
Depending on the type and concentration, the tray is worn far one to several hours over the course of few days or weeks, depending upon the level of whitening desired and may have to be worn at night.
The tray ensures maximum contact with the teeth and consistent results.
LASER/ LIGHT ACTIVATED IN-OFFICE WHITENING SYSTEM
In-Office Whitening Systems generally produce the most dramatic results in the shortest amount of time. There are several choices for in-office whitening, including the increasingly popular laser whitening.
Light – activated whitening treatment use laser or visible light to speed up whitening process by allowing the whitening gel to be absorbed more quickly into the tooth enamel.
Many patients choose laser/light activated whitening and the quickness & convenience it offers. In about an hour, your teeth can appear 3 to 4 shades lighter.
OVER THE COUNTER WHITENING STRIPS, GELS, AND PENS
Whitening gels are clear, peroxide-based gels applied with a small brush directly to the surface of your teeth.
Whitening strips are very thin, virtually invisible strips that are coated with a peroxide-based whitening gel. Instructions generally call for twice a day application for 14 days.
Whitening Pens are the most convenient & user-friendly mode for teeth whitening. Initial results are seen in a few days and final results are sustained for about four months.
Side-effects of whitening are minimal and transient Beware of over-the-counter whitening kits available. These can prove to be abrasive to your teeth in the long run and they may do mare harm than good.
Most teeth and gum. sensitivity following whitening is temporary and should subside within a few days after treatment.
POST TREATMENT CARE
Your diet and habits will largely determine how long the whitening effects will last.
With good oral hygiene and a close watch on the exposure of your teeth to external stains from tobacco, beverages, etc., your whitened teeth should maintain their color for a long time.
If you choose, regular touch up sessions can be carried out once a year to ensure your teeth look their best.
WHITENING AFFORDS YOU A SPARKLING BRIGHT SMILE WITH MINIMAL DISCOMFORT AND AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE.